View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
I WOULD KILL to get a citicar !!! but I have never seen one inside 500 miles of me that did not cost a fortune!!
It took me over a year to sell my Citi-car and it seems like others find that to be true as well, so I ended up, after a year selling it to the first person who showed up to look at it for less then half of my asking price and I think most people end up doing the same thing.
If you look at EV classified ad's you will find a whole bunch of EV's for sale that are within your budget, a friend of mine just bought a half done conversion for $1,000 and the brand new parts needed to finish it for another $1,000, nearly $10,000 worth of vehicle and parts if he had started from scratch but because they were other peoples half finished projects he got a great deal on them.
Of course a lot of people are going to try to make a profit when selling something odd, but they are often selling it because they need the space and are willing to drop their price, so make an offer that you can afford, the worst thing that will happen is you get a project and from the looks of the WildFire NEV, even if you buy one that is brand new it would be a big project.