Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Check your private messages.

I just sent you a message for some ideas about Citicars. Might help.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
I WOULD KILL to get a citicar !!! but I have never seen one inside 500 miles of me that did not cost a fortune!!
It took me over a year to sell my Citi-car and it seems like others find that to be true as well, so I ended up, after a year selling it to the first person who showed up to look at it for less then half of my asking price and I think most people end up doing the same thing.
If you look at EV classified ad's you will find a whole bunch of EV's for sale that are within your budget, a friend of mine just bought a half done conversion for $1,000 and the brand new parts needed to finish it for another $1,000, nearly $10,000 worth of vehicle and parts if he had started from scratch but because they were other peoples half finished projects he got a great deal on them.
Of course a lot of people are going to try to make a profit when selling something odd, but they are often selling it because they need the space and are willing to drop their price, so make an offer that you can afford, the worst thing that will happen is you get a project and from the looks of the WildFire NEV, even if you buy one that is brand new it would be a big project.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Looks like this one, made by Sonik Holding Group Limited :
Electric Car (SKEC007) - China Electric Car, Electric, Auto in Car

(there's a link to some company info on there, as well as to other products of them.)

Found on
China Car, Car Catalog, China Car Manufacturers

where there's scores of these vehicles with info on where (i.e which region of the world) they sell them.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
the trick with the wildfire is its complete. IE I don't have to really "DO" anything to it.

I don't mind a project if its complete. minus the battery I can life with. because I can piecemeal a battery pack. put asside the money each month for each cell etc..

but I can' piecemeal the purchase of a car. IE I am freaking broke :-) its why I am looking for someone to trade something I have that they want :-) hehe its all I have in "capital"

eventually I will get one I just want one NOW but don't want a mistake and based on what I am reading on the WF120V I am thinking the WF120V-2T would be a mistake as you guys seem to indicate.

SKEC007 that looks EXACTLY like it.!!

AND it supports what I suspected. its 1000 pounds sans battery pack!! that is extremely encouraging. if its drive train can move that thing at 50mph then it should be able to move a METRO at 50mph too!! (same size tires too actually the metro tires are skinnier)

I think I would be better off trying to buy the DRIVETRAIN from one of those and installing it in a Metro carcass.

I bet I could get a stripped metro down around 1200 pounds. Maybe lighter if I REALLY go crazy. strip the rear completely etc.. ALL of the engine bay mass would go away except transmission (what 300 pounds??)

it MIGHT be possible to get pretty close to 1000 pounds not too far off what this car weighs without battery.

I sent an e-mail about getting just motor and controller. if they can sell the cars wholesale for around $3k that has got to make the motor and controller pretty darned cheap relatively speaking. Fingers crossed.

man some of those cars they only require min purchase of 2 some ONE but no prices at all. not even a clue as to the prices.

$1000 I could probably swing. I can probably get that for my minivan :-)

will keep looking.

has their been any improvement (price wise) in electric motors and controllers the last few years? when I last checked you were looking at about $2k for each.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Trouble that I see with a made in china vehicle like that is, what do you do when something brakes or burns out? I did a quick search and didn't find any 120v ac speed controllers that would cost less then the whole cost of that car and while the stock speed controller might last many years going 25mph, if you adjust it to allow you to go faster then it's working that much harder, every part of the drive train is working harder, off the top of my head I'm guessing 3 to 4 times the amperage to double the speed from 25mph to 50mph and if you can't find a stock low cost replacement speed controller then you are left with a high cost after market speed controller.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
well they are designed for 40-50 they are "limited" to 25-30 only here to comply with the NEV rules. though to be honest I have a feeling they would be REALLY unsafe over 40mph anyway :-)

I actually found a nev (gem knockoff??) he is willing to let it go for $1000 (listed for $2k) but I just don't have that kind of money. he was open to trading but nothing I have interests him. Oh well keep trying.

even leaving it at 30mph it would be 100% usable for all my local driving and pay for itself in ONE YEAR so I would not even care if its dead in 5 it will have saved me 4 times what it cost me by then AND give me cash to put aside for a real electric. thats almost $100 a month I could put aside. though probably more like $800 since it would not be as usable in the winter unless I made doors for it (it has roof but no doors really just a "quarter door" kind of thing.

Like the kandi Coco
Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
well they are designed for 40-50 they are "limited" to 25-30 only here to comply with the NEV rules. though to be honest I have a feeling they would be REALLY unsafe over 40mph anyway :-)
Yes but like my Miles ZX40 that was limited they also reduced the size of the motor from the one in Japan, you would need to find out what size/weight the motor is.

That said most NEVs can't drive far enough to zorch the motor anyway as long you don't massively go overboard, the miles zx40 could go about 35mph all on a little 48v 6.5" motor.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
wish I had the 1k to buy the one in NJ. no matter how crap they are $1k is worth a shot even if it lasts a year. but I don't have it.

found a guy in VA who might be interested in trading my thing for a working 81 commuta car.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

wild fire truck

I just bought the wild fire electric truck you have been talking about. I bought it at a car show in Carlisle Pa yesterday. I am looking for any information you may have found out about it. Did you ever find out how to make them go faster than the 25 mph? Any info you can tell me will be appreciated,
Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
I never got close to getting one so I never dug up any information. from what I understand its all about programming. connect to a computer and "remove" the software restriction.

I have no idea how to go about doing that. I would seek out forums for that unit and see what you dig up.

I thought someone DID post searchable info on the electronics inside the unit but I have no idea where that info is. (pretty sure its here on ecomodder) ie enough to maybe make google searches more fruit fall.

how do you like it so far ?

Reply  Post New Thread