View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
TwoBryans
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
He is hiding stuff, lots of it. 247K miles in 2008 means that's not the original odo/speedo cluster, seems to me. If it were me, I would not buy it without a careful in person inspection with a buddy more knowledgeable than me along.

I'm confident he knew, as he was careful with his choice of words. He also didn't want to deal with me at first because I was long distance, until he couldn't get the car sold locally. At least he sent me pics of the bad stuff after being pressed for it. I don't think he would have liked me very much if I had flown down there and found the stuff in the pics and not been told about it. He is obviously hustling cars, but I don't care about that. I just don't want to get jerked around or screwed if I can prevent it.

Biggist problem I am running into is that when the car is long distance(as most are), they sell quickly if they are in decent shape. The ones that are a pos seem to hang around and I don't want a pos. This is quite difficult to find a nice, clean car at a fair price(or just about any price for that matter) where the seller will work with me to make a deal long distance.