View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympiadis View Post
The factory air duct is sized for WOT for passing power.
If you're cruising with your TPS between 15% and 20% then the actual cross section area of the air tube you need is very small. Unless you need to make full power at WOT, then you do not have a problem there with size.
Thanks. That makes sense.

Quote:
I've always ran my WAI to the exhaust manifold , to either the factory heat-stove or one that I made. After a few minutes of driving typical temps for the WAI are between 120*F and 160*F for mine.
That's what I will do in the end with the WAI portion again. This was just for proof of concept.

Quote:
What are those numbers you posted exactly?
Sorry... it's degrees F. I'll go edit it ...

Quote:
IMO the best set up is using a cockpit controlled diverter valve to switch between WAI and CAI.
Agreed, but I don't have much in terms of skills and experience yet. I'm getting there. Out of curiostiy and for future reference, what hardware would you use for such a build?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.