View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Would you accept being shown actually worn items that supposedly came out of your car? You really shouldn't be at a shop you can't trust, and if they want to scam you then they're going to be able to.
I worked for "experience" once at a good garage, mainly as the gofer and tea maker for a week or so - unpaid, I thought it would be good to learn. So after being sent for the "right handed spanner" and "a long stand" I was allowed to follow the main guy for a couple of days.

This place was legit, they had another dealer who sold the same cars down the road 10x the size who ripped people off.

Anyway a guy brought in his 6 month old new car for a service - filters, oil - nothing special. Except he had marked all the parts. This made the mechanic guy a bit mad so as he wasn't busy that day he replaced all the parts and replicated the guy's marks exactly.

Of course Mr Customer returns and claims his car has not been done at which point the mechanic shows him all the old parts in a bucket complete with the little marks on them. "Of course if you don't trust us you could take it to **** ?"

Never seen someone turn red so fast.