View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The mechanic is a fool. This was an opportunity to demonstrate his integrity and instead he demonstrated harassment to the customer. How else is one to know who is trustworthy? Trust must be earned, not foolishly given to everyone. People that place trust in unproven sources are known as gullible.

Placing an identifying mark on a part is harmless. It's an act that does not provoke conflict because it does not deceive anyone. Replicating that mark on a different part, however, is deceitful and provokes confrontation.

If I were the customer, I would be red too; with anger. If he were my employee, I would reprimand him.

What you tap makes sense but the mechanic saw it as someone who didn't trust him in the first place and who assumed his only purpose was to try and get away with something which he wouldn't do to anyone. The guy who owned the place was also "front of house" when customers arrived so he knew what was happening.

I don't know what happened in that customer's case but the mechanic remained a mechanic there until he retired, and the dealer remained a dealer for a long time despite a "main dealer" being down the road wanting his business.

I have been stung before - If Mr Volvo is reading this the reason I will never ever buy any of your cars ever again is because of how your dealers treated my car in servicing and MOTs