View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Z28WTW
EcoModder Newb

Blue Car - '05 Honda Civic Hybrid
How to put 14.6 gal in a 13.2 gal tank!

I went by my friendly Citgo station last night for my first fill up since joining this sight. I'm really trying hard to focus and really pay attention to how I'm driving. Well I was filling up and talking to my wife and really not paying attention until my Honda Civic Hybrid held 14.6 gallons of gas. I told my wife to get the owners manual out of the glove box and see how big the tank was. The manual says 13.2 gallons. I promptly go inside and ask the friendly guy behind the counter (his eyes looked like he was drunk/high) how do you think I could put 14.6 gallons in a 13.2 gallon tank. He said I would need to talk to "management". I said well give me a number and a name. I called her just a little bit ago and she said she would have someone come out and look at the tank. In the mean time she would bag the pump to keep people from using it. We're going right by that station in just a few minutes and I'm gonna see if they bagged it or not. I say all this to tell all of you if you don't already to pay attention at the pump. It's bad enough with prices as high as they are without being ripped off by greedy people like this. I don't know if they did it on purpose or not. It may just be a simple mistake. I asked the manager lady about getting my money back and she said "if somehing is wrong we will reimburse you". I'll keep you guys informed. Thanks for letting me vent.