View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #115 (permalink)
IsaacMTSU
EcoModding Lurker

CRX HF - '91 Honda CRX HF
Team Honda
90 day: 68.45 mpg (US)
Sorry, Fastegg, I didn't see your post until after I posted. Yeah, TuneBoy is awesome. I've never used the power commander though to compare, but creating maps with TuneBoy and trading them around on the forums is pretty cool. As for the HHO, I ran a 1/2" tube into the ram air intake as far as I could until it hit the air filter. The generator...or IED as it turned out to be...was hooked to the battery and just sitting on floor beside the bike. What I used the tune boy for was just to monitor how the engine was running. At idle, the the injectors pulse for a certain duration to maintain the set idle speed, if the bike is idling too high/low the injectors pulse less/more to change the idle speed back to the set value. As we added HHO, the injectors had to pulse less and less as we kept upping the output. Eventually, as the generator was getting really hot and bubbly, the injectors were pulsing around 1/8th the duration they were without the HHO while maintaining the same idle speed, i.e. less fuel, same RPM. I don't have proof and I'm not doing it again, because I could never trust myself to make one that won't blow up and I sure as h*** won't strap one to the bike and go for a ride