View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
BHarvey
Master EcoModder

Sweetie - '11 Hyundai Sonata GLS
90 day: 39.35 mpg (US)

My Miles - '03 Combo GLS/KLX/Ninja
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)

Sipper' - '04 Kawasaki Ninja 250
90 day: 74.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
I tried routing warm air to the intake but it made no difference, but a straight radiator block did. Its off now as the car is due a service and I have some warranty issues I want sorting and don't want any excuses from the garage.

There have been a few threads on WAI and similar experiments - will look forward to any new ones out there.
My car is MAP equipped, which supposedly is good for HAI's.
I can tell you a couple of things about how much better it is when the AIT is at different temps.

First, there is a section of road I travel Mon-Fri coming home from work and it is less than 2 miles from startup, is on the highway where I am on CC at 58 mph.

With the UG showing the coolant is already at 185f, when cresting the hill it flattens out for a half mile and the AIT will be somewhere around +20 over ambient, the instant MPG shows 37-43.

When cresting the same hill after having driven for a while and the AIT is 40f over ambient, the instant MPG gauge will show 48-55.

At 60f over ambient on the HAI, it will show 65+ mpg.

Second, is when the coolant shows 185f but the AIT is at 60f, it only takes 50% load to get to 2 GPH burn rate on the UG.

When the AIT is at 120f, it takes 85% load to get the same GPH burn rate.

Unless the UG is lying, it looks like HAI works well on my car.