View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
bravozero
EcoModding Lurker

I wish I could do the manual swap, but I simply just cannot afford to do so, and with my lower back starting to have issues, I'll be lucky if I can drive a manual in the future. Although, if I had found this car in manual I would have jumped on it easily.

Basically, if I can get 35 mpg+ out of this car, I will be happy. I would say 50% of my commute is constant highway speed, the other is a mix between city and low speed zones, with a few traffic lights. It also doesn't help that it's winter time and it's hard not to let the car warm up for a few minutes, especially with it's age, I don't want to risk something failing.

The aux light thing is an interesting point, and I'm sure doing that and even removing the front bra would help aerodynamics out tremendously. I just hope that the paint hasn't fused to the bra when I go to remove it.

With a lower grille block, would there still be a small hole to allow some air to get to the radiator, especially during the summer time? I've also thought about removing the AC from the car since it has a targa top, why not let natural cooling do it's job? lol

The Scangauge won't work with this car I believe since it's an OBDI ECU, and I'm not very electronically inclined when it comes to building modules like the homemade device I saw on the 65+ mod list.

The HX wheel thing isn't a bad idea, might look into that. I need to find out how much the stock steel wheels weigh. I do need to get new tires at some point so I'll look into low rolling resistance tires.