View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #83 (permalink)
Ultra-Orange
Fat free ranch for life!

Ecno-bubble - '96 Geo Metro Base
Aye. have a final goal of 70 MPG. Which is what I figure I can get away with without having to do an alt delete and/or heavy duty Pulse& gliding.

Still plan on a full underbody tray (On hold pending engine work) with integrated tire spats. Was looking at an air dam, might settle for more of a bumper-cover/Grill block. (No real grill on Geos). I've taped up about 50% of the lower grill opening on the existing bumper and I think my engine temp has actually come down. Ok, the engine temp has come down and I associate it with the grill block.

biggest issue is getting over the cars mechanical issues. Car needs an alignment, after putting in the new steering rack, the insides of the tires have started to wear. New tires, both doors, engine work (Oil leak right between the block and the head) though I might just do a top end rebuild, front and rear bumper covers are seriously beat up.

So I got lots to do, I WANT to keep on with the aero-mods but somethings take precedence.

The Mantra of the automotive modification enthusiast "Safety first, then reliability, then performance, then we meet women." (You can get men to do anything by finishing with "Then we meet women")