View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
The 2.2/2.5 family of vehicles bolded out above wotn get you anywhere near 40mpg..

About the only one that gets you close to 40mpg was a 1982-1984 Dodge Rampage or Plymouth Scamp pickup 1983 only (Based on the Omni/Charger platform)
The lightest front wheel drive Chrysler vehicle ever made..
That is by far the sharpest looking Rampage I've ever seen! Not that I come across many. About 4 years ago, on the commute home from work, I'd often come across the same one -- it looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Just a stock 2.2. Interesting that it was the lightest FWD vehicle they made...

Back to topic, 40 from an oldie is going to cost you a lot up front, now that there's a run on older, efficient vehicles. That's a tough benchmark out of the box.

It depends on how much mod and technique effort you're willing to put into it. Baseline figures for Johnny's list (except maybe any Diesels) should be in the hi 20's/ low 30's combined (except again for the minivans). With some effort, 40 can be likely be cracked.

RH77

_
_