View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Just got a used Hymotion Prius!

Yesterday was a long day, but worth it.

Fellow Ecomodder member Doax (Tim) headed over to my house first thing in the morning so we could be on the road to go out-of-state to see a 2004 Prius with a Hymotion plug-in kit on it.

After a 5-hour drive (should have been four, but apparently I can't read a map....) we got to see an immaculate red Prius, that just happens to be able to get over 100mpg.

My wife's old Pontiac Sunfire is getting up there, and it was time for a new car. I called everyone I knew to start looking for something versatile, fuel efficient, and IDEALLY could run on some sort of alternative fuel (including electricity)

We were lucky enough to come across this one. Besides the car in perfect condition, and the Hymotion kit, the sale also included a brand new set of Blizzak snow tires, and seller threw in a scangauge as well.

When we finally got back to my place. Here's what I found that my wife drew on our kitchen chalkboard.

Here's the actual car.

Pretty excited about it. I would never be able to afford a Hymotion kit if not getting it used like this. (There's still some warranty left on Hymotion kit too!)

I still know next to nothing about driving a Prius. I'll have to dig through the owners manual and the Hymotion manual and figure the best way to use it.

For anyone wondering, I checked the charger with my Kill-a-Watt, and it draws 1000 watts.

See more photos at my Mobile Me Gallery:MobileMe Gallery

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
FXSTi (02-26-2012), Ryland (02-26-2012)