View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Charleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
I'd be interested, but they don't list any open to the public events in South Carolina. The last one on their list is in Tallahassee, FL. I'd assume they would be loading their car on a ship at the port of Charleston for the trip to Europe.
That makes perfect sense about Charleston.
The team is supposed to have a GPS tracking feature at their website,so folks can follow their progress.We might be able to glean trip route data from that.
Since they're going for a world record which no one has attempted so far,you'd think that there would be some media interest and coverage.
I think you'd get a big kick out of their car.And I'm pretty sure that AERO CIVIC would blow their minds!They may be unaware that a fringe element actually uses low-drag with daily-driver door-slammers.
I got a really good psychic battery charge meeting the team and experiencing their car.I sure hope things work out on your end if you can take the time to slip away.
Some of the students have already been hired by auto makers in Germany.If they get a glance at AERO CIVIC,I don't think they'll ever quite think about their work the same way.
Your car has changed me,and I've been looking at this stuff since 1974!