View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
KY_Canyon
EcoModding Lurker

BigBlue - '05 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 Z71
90 day: 22.39 mpg (US)
Tires/wheels are probably my biggest deterrent. I've got 17" aftermarket wheels w/ 265/65-17s that are A/T tread....not too aggressive but more than I need. From what I can tell, the combo weighs 68 lbs per corner. I've got them at 36 PSI and can tell they're riding hard in the center. The tread on these measure 9.75 across and with the wheel offset they are far from being tucked in the fender. So as soon as they're worn out I'm going to be a bit pickier about width and tread type....not a lot of LRR tires for trucks yet, but I think I can reduce weight & resistance without giving up diameter.

I have window visors on the truck, and have been able to completely avoid running defrost so far.

As far as partial tonneau's go, this bed is only 61" long. In fact the cab is probably longer than the bed. So, I don't think a partial would have the same effect that it does on some of the normal or long bed trucks. This past weekend I changed the oil and used Pennzoil Platinum 5w30. The other fluids are all synthetic from the factory, but I'll be changing them out soon.

As far as coasting goes, I've tinkered a bit with neutral coasting, but I'm not 100% sure how the GM 4L60E automatic handles neutral coasting. I'm doing some research, but definitely don't want to break a trans.