View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #139 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq1 View Post
Hmm, I was just trying to figure out if I can charge more than one stick at a time with the CellPro 8. Doesn't sound like it - it sounds like these 'parallel adapters' are just for specific types or brands of battery packs...
Sorry I was not more clear before.

I think your confusing specific balancing adapters ... with what the PL8 as a unit can do ... and what other balancing adapter options you can use.

For charging 2 sticks at the same time you can do the following:
  • Use the banana plug branching to charge sticks in parallel not balanced per cell or per pack.
  • Use the bare wire lead balancing connector I linked to last time to connect to each cell and balance as you go ... you can connect multiple of these together if you like in parallel ... to do multiple packs in parallel... balancing is done in bulk for all the cells / packs connected in parallel.
  • The the Master/Slave mode to run multiple PL8s together each of the slaves balancing to the individual cell level via it's own balancing port.

The only aspect of the specific brands thing ... is that for some RC battery packs that already have per cell level connections , you don't have to make the per cell level connections yourself ... you can use the OEM per cell level connections via the balancing adapter for that OEM battery pack.

As I linked to last time , they sell a bare wire balancing connector ... allowing you to make your own connections to the battery cells ... if the battery you are using does not happen to already come wired with one they premake for you... which is the case with the Honda Battery sticks ... which have no individual per cell level connections OEM.

The adapter used in the picture bellow can be the general bare wire connector ... it does not have to be the specific prewired OEM battery connecter.