View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
newtonsfirstlaw
EcoModding Apprentice

The Mighty Mira - '92 Daihatsu Mira
90 day: 61.32 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
Holy crap - it's actually a tangible prototype! Very Cool

Newton, keep in mind that the quest and vector serve two different purposes Vector is for speed, quest is for commuting/recreation/touring efficiently If I recall, the vector is a frame/fairing - and the quest (and mango counterpart) is a frame/fairing composite monoqoque with sub frame (very cool ). The quest also has some large holes in the front for ventilation...
Thanks for the info on the chains, didn't realize that.

As for the quest and the vector, I've done a reasonable amount of googling with each. The vector's main problem was that it cornered poorly, which is why they sold only one and kept the molds in someone's attic (from memory).

I was comparing the two because of their different handling of the shape of the bottom of the vehicle. The quest could have kept the same frontal area with increased interior volume and the exact same touring/commuting/recreation efficiency with the bottom parallel to the surface for most of it, especially at the front. Doing so would have lowered the drag coefficient in my estimation.