View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
sendler
Master EcoModder

Honda CBR250R FI Single - '11 Honda CBR250R
90 day: 105.14 mpg (US)

2001 Honda Insight stick - '01 Honda Insight manual
90 day: 60.68 mpg (US)

2009 Honda Fit auto - '09 Honda Fit Auto
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

PCX153 - '13 Honda PCX150
90 day: 104.48 mpg (US)

2015 Yamaha R3 - '15 Yamaha R3
90 day: 80.94 mpg (US)

Ninja650 - '19 Kawasaki Ninja 650
90 day: 72.57 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,315 Times in 968 Posts
Here is my latest email.
Dear Green Grand Prix folks,

Thank you to the many who have registered. Here is a quick look at the difference between Friday's Road Rally and the one on Saturday.
The Friday rally will have very simple instructions. You will drive around the track at the speeds you are instructed to and you will have certain stops you must make in the pits. We will fit each vehicle with a transponder. The event will last three hours.
The Saturday Rally will be a more typical Time-Speed-Distance Rally with checkpoints.The vehicles will start at the Watkins Glen International complex and go out onto public roads for about 100 miles. The route will involve a variety of driving conditions but all roads will be in very good repair and you will not be driving on any dirt roads. Your instructions will be more complicated than Friday's, It will definitely help to have a navigator for an extra set of eyes.
I will send out a set of General Instructions in early April.

There will be a set of awards for each rally and then overall awards for those who entered both stages. We will measure T-S-D driving accuracy and fuel economy.
I will send more information about our method of determining fuel economy later. Suffice it to say that we have several different categories and fuels, and we will not attempt to compare apples and oranges, so to speak. There are no easy, universally accepted conversion factors.We will most likely be using some different methods of measurement for certain categories. I'll send you more on this later.
Were just over a month away- again, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you here-

Bob Gillespie
Exec. Director Green Grand Prix Corporation (501C-3)
Welcome To The Official Green Grand Prix Web Site