View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Waerben
EcoModding Lurker

Dirty Bird - '94 Chevorlet Suburban Silverado 4X4

Teg - '89 Acura Integra RS
Well I'm not sure but i do think that I have a 700r4 and not the 4L60E, I might be entirely wrong. I average about 14 on the highway going about 60. My reason for wanting to swap with the Isuzu is because the Isuzu from what i have read is a very good and strong and efficient reliable engine that is easy to maintain and even rebuild. Not only that but there is a kit that I mentioned at the begging of this thread for coupling this engine to my existing transmission. I really would like to keep my existing transmission because it is in very good condition for its age and I also want to keep my 4X4 transfer case. The only thing that want to replace is the engine. Not my entire drive-traine. I realize that I will need a transmission controller. What i really want to know is how difficult will this truly be. I know it requires much more than just attaching the engine to my transmission. I know that custom engine mounts must be fabricated. Battery must be relocated. But what am i not thinking of that i need to prepare for? Do I need to replace my fuel pump and fuel lines for ones meant for diesel? What about my power steering pump and Freon lines? Or even the new alternator? Will i be able to use the alt that was meant to be used with the engine or will i have to fab brackets and use the old one that i have now? What about the a.c. compressor? How will my instrument panel work with this different engine? and finally what problems haven't i mentioned here that you think will be an issue for me when i attempt this swap?