View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #88 (permalink)
Ultra-Orange
Fat free ranch for life!

Ecno-bubble - '96 Geo Metro Base
Got a new job. Currently dealing with the effects of performing a physical job after about a year of sitting on my keester. down side, Physical labor, 12 hour days, work weekends. Up side. Up side, Short work week, good money

Was close to letting Actual size go. Now I have a 20 mile (each way) commute that is mostly freeway. I've been getting about 40mpg tank to tank combined driving (mostly city) with a high of 56 on a dedicated hwy test and what looked like 60 mpg on a spontanious road trip (Unfortunately I didn't fill the tank till next week and had done a ton of city driving ). Anyways. With all the freeway driving ill be doing I expect to see a rise in tank to tank mileage.

No real updates. installed a working CD player. Broke the GPS. Still planning a full belly tray but the weather is cold and wet nuking my interest in going outside and laying on the ground.

I did take her in for a front alignment. They tried to sell me a bunch of junk I didn't want. but I noted that they stated the passenger side ball-joint was bad. they quoted $110 for it. The local parts shop had one for $70, however it came with a lower control arm and front and rear control arm bushings. So effectively a front end rebuild kit for $70 (per side). So I bought one up and installed it. Took about 2 hours at my slow rambling pace. Ironically taking it apart was the easiest part. Ball-joint was loose and indeed could be moved/rattled with two fingers.

Results? Car feels less Dodgy/twitchy, steering is more precise with more road feel. downside is a noticeable increase in effort to turn the wheel. haven't done a hwy test yet. plan on installing the other side before getting tires.

If I stay at the new job then I think Ill be going with the r92s on 14" rims.