View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,555 Posts
Looking for images/sources for speech

I'm presenting a speech in two weeks (just a college class thing) about hypermiling. I'm not going into aeromods much, will mostly be talking about driving techniques. Right now I have a bunch of images in mind that I thought would be wonderful to have on a powerpoint, but I can't find the threads I saw them in. Can you guys help me? Also, suggestions on sources would be wonderful.

I'm planning on posting pictures of Bajoos's aerocivic, but I'd also like to find the picture that compared the cd of a bullet shape, a reverse bullet shape, and a shape rounded at both ends.

I'd like to have the 120mpg CRX onhand.

I'm looking for an image posted that compared the cd of pickups with tailgates up, down, with covers, and with spoilers.

I know I saw a pre-made graph that showed the total power required to push a vehicle, which divided it into rolling resistance and aerodynamic drag (a visual representation of the numbers you'd get from our Aerodynamic & rolling resistance, power & MPG calculator).

Someone (maybe metrompg?) posted a graph that compared gas mileage to cost of driving, but I could easily remake that I suppose.

Also, I'd like to find the EPA's graphic about where energy is lost in a vehicle.

Can someone help me find the link that talked about how hydroplaning speed actually increases in over-inflated tires?

Any other good images that might help people understand hypermiling, and sources I can cite to back up my statements, would be grand. Links to any of your good posts or to articles like Cummin's tire publication would be very much appreciated!

I'm going to be scouring the forums myself, but the search function isn't as robust as I'd like and I'm afraid I'll miss something.

Thanks all!