View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
AndrzejM
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
Oh yeah the trip ;-) I've started my trip back home early to avoid heavy traffic and I suceeded for the first of 24 hours I've spent in my car, but after that it was like a nightmare. Imagine a lane of 10-15 trucks and a hill long for 3-4 km or even more sometimes which is rising from 6-10% So unfortunately I had to push the pedal to the metal sometimes. Anyway I managed to squize 685km on 50.45 litres (7.36l/hkm), so it wasn't so bad. After that tre road was slightly better and it was night so traffic wasn't so bad either. I've tested P&G on different speeds on the highway and some other tests while driving. Anyway I've managed to reach 13.9 km/l on the last fill up but i think it should be better because MPGuino was showing 14.2 km/l, probably gas station owner was messing with the pumps. Maybe that's why the fuel was so cheap there ;-) But 7.19l/hkm is still a good FE for Previa which is just slightly modded. Don't you think so?

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."