Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningStrong View Post
That's amazing! What do you think has proved most beneficial? I'd definitely consider spending some money on my mum's Previa if the cost could be recouped so quickly.
My mods, are:
1. Belt driven fan delete
2. LED DRLs
3. A/C delete - it haven't been working anyway
4. Grill blocked - see photos
5. Internal right side mirror - external present but in closed position
6. Tyres inflated to ~45 Psi

And of course I use hypermilling techniques. I have around 1300km ahead of me to get back home then I want to share my thoughts and some statistics with you. So get back here soon (2-3 days)

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Panzerwagon - '02 Skoda Fabia
90 day: 53.88 mpg (US)
I'll definitely get that grill block done now then, and I'll check what her sidewall rating is. Can't say I can do much about her eco-driving but she loves pulling off in 2nd.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
Get her MPGuino! It's amazing what you can actually accomplish according to FE if you have a direct feedback from the car. I think that was my most important eco-modd

If you need any assistance or info regarding Previa don't hesitate to contact me. I have some interesting materials.

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."
Old 03-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejM View Post
Anyway I'm still over 1000km from home and I want to check if I can beat 1000km barier before "feed me" light will show up.
How did the trip go?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
Oh yeah the trip ;-) I've started my trip back home early to avoid heavy traffic and I suceeded for the first of 24 hours I've spent in my car, but after that it was like a nightmare. Imagine a lane of 10-15 trucks and a hill long for 3-4 km or even more sometimes which is rising from 6-10% So unfortunately I had to push the pedal to the metal sometimes. Anyway I managed to squize 685km on 50.45 litres (7.36l/hkm), so it wasn't so bad. After that tre road was slightly better and it was night so traffic wasn't so bad either. I've tested P&G on different speeds on the highway and some other tests while driving. Anyway I've managed to reach 13.9 km/l on the last fill up but i think it should be better because MPGuino was showing 14.2 km/l, probably gas station owner was messing with the pumps. Maybe that's why the fuel was so cheap there ;-) But 7.19l/hkm is still a good FE for Previa which is just slightly modded. Don't you think so?

Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Good going

Have you noticed that driving in Poland kills your milage? On a few trips I've had better milage in neighboring countries. For example, on our way back from Slovenia the OBC was showing 3.5-3.6 l/100km, but right after we passed the Polish border it went to 4.0-4.2 and I couldn't get it lower, even though I was driving at night, slower with less traffic.
I think that the reason may be the state of the infrastructure, not only potholed roads, poorly planned intersections, lights and speed limits in dumb places. In Austria we drove though some road construction and the speed limit was 80km/h, even when changing lanes and traffic patterns. Back here each lane change in a construction zone required you to suddenly slow down to 30 or 40, then quickly speed up, then slow down again. The signs were located in places where you saw them at the last moment, so you had to slam the brakes, etc.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #37 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
Yes you're right Poland is a nightmare for ecodriving, not only the infrastructure is the reason but many of those dumb drivers who are honking because you're driving to slow and they are in a hurry. And to be honest I think that fuel quality is lower here than in other countries. So you have to burn more to get the same power.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2014, 03:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Previa CamperVan - '92 Toyota Previa GL
Hello AndrzejM,

I Own a 1992 Previa - Campervan and I'm very interesting in your experiences. I've read the entire post but I can't find the picture. Could you please re-post them with the grip mod and the electic Fan ?

I actually use my Previa with a 20l of Super SP95 and Ethanol E-85 qithout modification. It's cheaper than SP95 (SP95 =1.5 euros /l , E-85 =0.90 euros /l ...) but it increase consumption. Now my FE is less than 12l/100 with this cocktail.

Sam

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
europe, poland, previa, toyota