Thread: Ford Fiesta
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
They finally got it inspected today. My buddy followed me home driving the Fiesta so I could take my bike home and go back and drive the Fiesta home after lunch. Total price out the door was $10,312 with 300 in tax and the rest title and tag fees. I drove it back from my house at 70 MPH and it was averaging 44 MPG after we put $20 in gas on their company credit card. Taking it back tomorrow for a new state inspection, and we are done.

I filled it up on the way home and reset the fuel economy but forgot to reset the trip odometer, so I might fill it up again and set the trip before trying to figure out the mileage. Based on the dash reading right now after about 50 miles and one cold start, it is averaging 44 MPG.

Both my friend and I agreed it would be easy to get a speeding ticket in that car. It rides and handles great. The low tires pressure warning was on so I filled the tires to 40 PSI and it still rides nice. The tires had probably not been checked in a year and they were all in the mid to high 20s and it still got 45 MPG at 65-70 MPH, but that was measured from a moving and already warm reset.

The paint color is Magenta Pearl clear coat. It has steel wheels and plastic hubcaps, might have to get some Moon wheel covers for it.

regards
Mech