View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
hawk2100n
EcoModding Apprentice

The 'Vic - '96 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 39.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I love the new paint job. Black like mine! Does the scan gauge have an engine load % readout? If it does, you could replace TPS with it and accelerate with load between 75-80%, shifting gears at 2000-2200 RPMs. That's roughly the figures I learned for our DXs by imitating Palemelanesian, who scores some of the very highest MPG on this site through nothing but some serious driving discipline. As soon as I followed this formula, my number increased.

Also, delete your power steering, if your DX original owner bought it as an option. You won't notice a difference at any time except parallel parking. It will save fuel.

I just reinstalled my black lawn edging chin spoiler under the bumper... I trimmed the top lip off the edging to get down to about 3" and still have the second lip to use for attaching the edging to the underside of the front bumper.

I'm am glad you love the car. I have driven mine for 11 years and still love it.

Oh yeah! I posted a link on this site for a free copy of the 1996-1998 Civic official Honda Service Manual. Search this site and it'll come up.

james
I snagged a copy of the manual you posted a couple of weeks back. And I might take off the power steering. I will just remove the belt at first and see how it goes. I agree that the effort isn't bad because I have been dabbling with EOC here and there. Some of my friends have noticed and asked why my car is so quiet when I pull into the parking lot.

Civic Build Thread
Your grammar is appreciated.

3.788 Civic CX final drive, air dam, 1st gen HCH 14" wheels and Michelin Defender 175/65R14 LRR tires