View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hip001
In God we trust!

01 Beetle - '01 VW Beetle TDI
90 day: 42.33 mpg (US)

Black 450h - '14 Lexus 450h
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanspeed1 View Post
Add some Hotshot's Secret to the oil and some of their Firepower fuel treat ( only 7.50 or so a bottle )Hot Shot's Secret | Diesel Engine Oil Additive

I have run this stuff in the trucks I drive and it flat works ( Mercedes Benz MBE900 and 4000 powered Freightliners and Volvo VED 12 powered Volvo ). Fuel economy went up, engine smoothed out, throttle response got better.

They have a combination specific for the VW TDIs that you should try out. You won't regret it.
Ok, ordered some HSS and the diesel extreem fuel additive. Should have it tomorrow. did some calculations and the trip is about 2200 miles. So that will be a test of HSS for sure! Also just bought some Monokote for the grill block. Gonna cover the opening 100% and watch my scangauge II for water temp. There is not a bellypan on this Beetle so air can still get in that way. I'm only turning 2500rpm at highway speeds so not a big strain on the little motor.

Nacht, I've done parts of 3 different cars with Frank. He's been good to me! I was wondering about the innercooler inlet. Maybe i'll leave it open. I'm also interested in the taller 5th gear swap. How much was it? I had slacked off on modding this Beetle since it was going to my 16yr old daughter but my parents gave her their Buick Centry and she likes the automatic tranny. oh well now i can play play play!! lol! I bought a wrecked 03 Golf with a stage III tune, straight exhaust, big clutch, and 520 injectors. WOW it would FLY!! And sounded cool(could hear the turbo wine)!! But when i lost my job i sold it to a guy intending on using the motor for a swap into a toyota truck.
2006 Jetta TDI DSG
1997 Ford F150

Last edited by Hip001; 04-04-2012 at 02:01 PM..