View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doni_99
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbo View Post

Aerodynamics are which can be improved quite a bit, do you have still engine bay bottom cover? Do you have front spoiler/lip?
You can see both in this pic, bit twisted lip as I did hit large rabbit close to 120kph when driving tired at night, crazy things we do when young
http://jtbo.pp.fi/images/240/DSC_0002.JPG pic is very large, so I put it as url.

I hardly managed to get less than 7l/100km, but then again at that time I had still not understood meaning of time, my avg speed for 850km trip used to be above 100kph, so compared to that it did not use lot of diesel.

I did use 10w30 fully synthetic truck oil, car has oil capacity of over 7 litres with filter from my memory and I did change oil almost monthly at that time because of lot of driving.
Ram air is also one thing to consider, it is long time since I was under the hood of mine, so can't really remember how filter box was, but I think that it should not be big job to put pipe under front bumper and tape airbox holes shut.
Hi jtbo,

thx for your advices they are very valueable from a 240 owner
Previously I was given advice that mineral oil is better for it, cause 'old cars are designed for it'. So thanks, I will use full synthetic one in the future.

Unfortunatelly my car don't have belly tray and front spoiler

7l/100km is good on 100+km/h average speed!! My highway consumption (very rare) on speed of 110km/h is 7,2L.
One of my friend is a car mechanic. His aim to make an 5+OD transmission from an M47 5 speed manual unit, which will be matted with an OD from an M46 transmission (4+OD).
This modification would reduce rmp by about 20% at 'high' speed.

Thanks once more

Last edited by Doni_99; 04-06-2012 at 05:07 AM..