Thread: Oregon commuter
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #66 (permalink)
godscountry
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electictracer View Post
Its been slow going getting my bent peaces made but I'm finally done! I guess I have two peaces for the door, but that wont be to hard.

The frame is sturdier then I expected, and yet lighter at this point. Looking at around 50 pounds at the moment, with about 20 pounds yet to go. A more accurate measurement will come soon. Looking good so far to stay under 150 pounds, as the aluminium sheeting is very light, and should not amount to much more. The entire rear-trunk section will be made form sheeting like an airplane.

So I need to construct the door jam, door, mount the seat, and build the mounting points for the motorcycle at the back and the fork at the front, then I get to chop my bike in half. Fun! Progress will be slow over the next 2 weeks till the end of the term, then should intensify.

This picture is from the door side of the bike, looks kind of nosy doesn't it? My seat is actually 1 foot closer to the rear wheel then the front.
fully enclosed motorcycles will be part of the next generation of vehicles,Lit Motors just put up a video of them building a body out of metal,using standard metal working tools,it shows you what can be done.You guys are doing a great job and I for one, will be watching your progress in the near future.