Thread: Oregon commuter
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Electictracer
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to Electictracer
I just realized that although I have been checking in frequently, I have not posted anything in around 2 weeks. It took longer then I thought to get the bike in one peace but it is done now. Sorry I dot have any good pictures yet because it is in the garage and it’s too big to make for a good photo. Once I get more of the rear section fabricated it will be sturdy enough to take out side for some glamor shots. I have some work to do building controls for steering and pushrods to run the shifter and rear brake before I put a coat of paint on the frame and start the next phase!

godscountry- "maybe you should go for a used or low cost aircraft canopy,the shape and measurement of the opening looks fairly common."

Unfortunately this option came to my consideration too late. In hindsight this would have been a good option because the molds already exist. I do believe I have worked out a method that should have a good chance of working and requires a much smaller oven and less material then I originally thought. Again, I guess I will just cross that bridge when I get to it and I won’t let it hold me back.

Thanks for checking it out. I saw your posts on the project 100 thread also. My British counterpart’s project is very interesting and similar in some respects, but more sophisticated then my own. I have to confess, my competitive nature has me wanting to finish my project before he does. Pete has had a bit of a head start, but looks to have some challenges ahead in fabricating a body, so it will be interesting to watch.