View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #29 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_frontal_area View Post
1.22V infinity will bubble oxy and hydro out of water. coincidentally same voltage as your standard PV cell. backyards frequently have sun. high pressure diaphragm pump will allow you to create a meaningful hydrogen charge.
using some of my engines waste heat for getting the hydrogen ready for combustion will bring it another step closer to adiabatic. spark engines seem to like a gaseous fuel addition - compression engines LOVE it!

cheap aluminun? my neighbors yard
PV panels cost money as well and it's widely known that 1.2v works well for separating water, my chemistry book from 1886 talks about splitting water this exact way! so it's new evidence! breaking news! just don't tell anyone 130 years ago that you just now figured this out or they might laugh at you!
But it takes a measurable amount of energy to split water how much energy though? 310,833 watt hours to produce a gallon of gasoline equivalent worth of hydrogen, If you want to do that with PV panels in a single day is going to cost you between $150,000 and $400,000 depending on the panels you can get your hands on, same number of panels would be able to power an Electric Car for 1,400 miles per day! or power ten houses for a day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
Air-Hybrid (04-14-2012)