View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
max_frontal_area
EcoModding Apprentice

try more fiber in your diet!

PV panels cost money as well and it's widely known that 1.2v works well for separating water, my chemistry book from 1886 talks about splitting water this exact way! so it's new evidence! breaking news! just don't tell anyone 130 years ago that you just now figured this out or they might laugh at you!

not while i am doing discovery. where can i read about this: 310,833 watt hours figure? how much volume is it and at what pressure?

But it takes a measurable amount of energy to split water how much energy though? 310,833 watt hours to produce a gallon of gasoline equivalent worth of hydrogen, If you want to do that with PV panels in a single day is going to cost you between $150,000 and $400,000 depending on the panels you can get your hands on,

i dont want to do that with pv. the price of pv, due to mass production, was suggested to have come down decades ago but it didnt really. AC supposedly is the way to go and much easier to generate...yes, in my backyard as well.

same number of panels would be able to power an Electric Car for 1,400 miles per day! or power ten houses for a day!

i've got 2-3 weeks. no need to drive if bicycles can do the job - right?
govs, craporations, nearly all euro auto mfgs have been courting hydro for
what, 40 years or more now. for instance, the city bus fleet in my home town has been sucking hydro fumes for years. and here, just for you, is the press release:
http://www.hochbahn.de/wps/wcm/conne...61fb4606916656

and this: "Der zur Erzeugung des Wasserstoffs notwendige Strom wird dabei vollständig aus regenerativen Energieträgern gewonnen."
is the new evidence you asked for.
while i was simply stating for the sake of simplicity the most basic hydrogen production method, backyard stuff, you know.
is it breaking news? no, the coffee has cooled by now. the PR was dated 2007.

FYI, that is a society where decisions are made by MORE than one person.
aimlessly printing money when you run out is illegal and it if werent it still wouldnt be done. very much unlike a place where trillions of dollars are spent in a matter of a few years just to make a coupa' billion.
if it doesnt balance out fiscally or environmentally, it wont even be ATTEMPTED.
listening to led zeppelin is one thing, flying one is an entirely different matter. impossible to ppl in one place, almost identical ppl with only 1 head, 2 arms and 2 legs just a few thousand miles away draw inspiration from negative energy from naysayers and put it to good use.

is that a geographical limitation? not really. INDEPENDANT THINKERS, like smokey yunick who built super efficient vehicles in his small shop by the beach, and even GM who accidentally made a huge IMPACT building something efficient - quickly realized their mistake and erased it utilizing large industrial hydraulic presses. see the big 3 had battled the EPA since its inception insisting that it was and is not possible to build efficient vehicles.
if that kind of publicity goes on long enough the general public eventually
latches onto that way of thinking, case in point: people that scoot around in lil green triangular boxes.

Smokey used wit and ingenuity - Generic Motors used $$$$'s
both methods got the job done!

laughing matter? - dont think so. those busses run veeeeery clean and if you have ever cycled in traffic absorbing CO2 instead of expelling it, taking on who knows how much CO all while seeking bee lines through black clouds of soot, you will have developed a keen appreciation for that kinda thing.

now, where was i? oh, discovery. has any body one here made hydrogen as a supplemental fuel and burned it in their vehicle(s).

come to think of it at least a portion of this post should be moved out of the "corral". Darin?