View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
1carnut
EcoModding Lurker

Sparky - '07 Toyota Prius Base

Voltage_kwh - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 151.04 mpg (US)

Voltage_gas - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 43.38 mpg (US)
I got this done today. It ended up being really easy once I gave up on trying to connect wires to those pins. I just went to the salvage yard and snipped out the connector to the cruise control switch of another civic and a few inches of wire. After that I pretty much followed this thread.

Kill Switch for 5th gen (92-95) Civics - GasSavers.org - Helping You Save at the Pump Hypermiling and Fuel Efficiency Forum

For my 94 VX I figured out that fuse #2 was the 15 amp that controlled the fuel injectors so I put the fuse in an inline fuse holder and ran two wires to the top two wires on the pigtail from the Cruise switch. Just put male spade connectors on the other end and plugged them back into each side of where I took the fuse out of the fuse box.

Just took a test drive and it works fine. The speedo falls to 0 and the check engine light comes on when the switch is released (off) but the engine quits almost immediately. Just push it back in and the check engine goes away and the speedo comes back on and you are ready to bump start whenever you are done with EOC.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1carnut For This Useful Post:
j12piprius (11-02-2014)