View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
(PS - hope you don't mind I fleshed out the thread title a bit to make it more "scan" and search engine friendly.)
no problem, good titles are not my strong suit.

the sides match the sides on the Prius pretty well, not sure rounding will gain much. But He said that this very much a work in progress.

He did design the tail not to cover up the third light. I mentioned that this was a big problem area, and he came up with an idea on the spot, match the height and add a clear section so the light is still visible. I hope he does it and joins up, his ideas on mounting the tail are fantastic. I bet with some pics of how he did it several others would be able to make removable tails for trips and take them on and off in 4-5 min.

He can detail costs better then I but lets just say what he has so far is several factors cheaper compared to the $300 or so I spent on mine.

His one week best estimate of results are very impressive too (I will let him share the scoop on that)

side question, how much benefit will a full belly pan do for me? I know the back 4 feet of my cars underside is a disaster, and to fix it will require a full pan about an inch lower then the underside is right now.