View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Doni_99
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman600 View Post
My two cents? Just make sure your injectors are in good shape. Install new nozzles if you haven't already. Sounds like you are getting awesome fuel mileage already!

Hi Mechman600!
Thanks for your comment
People around me think I (a bit) foolish trying to decrease the fuel consumption of a 30 year old diesel Volvo. In most cases they think its 5,2L/100km figure is not true In this cases I'm happy because it means that it is a good achievement... So thanks again

Today I talked to my friend who is a car mechanic. He's very skeptic about any modifications on my car for mpg improvement. BUT he said that in race cars there is a swich for swich of the alternator to gain additional power. So next week I will put a swich for this purpose in to my car.

Yes, I know I did not invent the 'Spanish wax', but when I read about hypermillers who improved their mpg by driving without alternator I thought, that thely unset the belt.

Another modifying I want to do to change my original fan for an electric one. I think it will give me additional mpgs, couse the original one works every time from the start of the engine. I don't know exactly the name of the part that is wrong, maybe its name is thermo clutch, but I will change for electric fan.

And of course I would like to instal a belly pan, but its the most difficult task for me.

Lower and lower mpg for everyone!!!

Doni_99