View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
houseofdiesel
Diesel Lover

pumpkin - '06 smart Fortwo Pure Cabrio
Intro, hard core diesel fan

I logged in here to see if I am missing anything...I drive for economy all the time and hyper mile when I have time! I am only into diesels for their simplicity and efficiency and the fact they keep on running and running and are easy to play with.
My mpg queen is a 2006 smart fortwo cabrio, it has 22000kms so far and averages 3.1L/100km very easily, so long as I keep to backroads.
Our daily driver is a 2000 Jetta tdi with 435000kms to date-12 years and still a champ but it automatic and averages around 5.5L/100kms
Our kid transporter is a 2008 Mercedes R320 CDI, and better on fuel then you would think for a 5000lb all wheel drive machine, so far 8.9L/100kms and going down as the weather gets warmer.
I have a fleet of old Mercedes diesels from the the 80s, 2.4 and 3.0 turbodiesels. Love the old things...
I run scanguages in whatever I can, it does help especially in the R320 it is so quiet and hard to realize when your actually accelerating vs constant load. I am really interested in benefits of deleting dpf or exhaust components etc on this machine, I have not found much info on the Mercedes forums most of them do not realize the potential for mpgs. I want to reflash the ecm but first want to know what I need to delete first then reprogram to keep the lights out!
I have always worked in the automotive field, parts, wash bay, mechanic, detailer etc there is nothing that I cannot accomplish but sometimes some guidance is needed or to learn from others mistakes!