View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
MosersMopars
EcoModding Lurker

Manicured Knuckle Dragger - '01 Dodge Durango SLT 4x4
90 day: 14.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
What plugs are you planning on using?
I'll be going with the Bosch Platinum +4s. I know That many people have not had good results with these, but I've put them on 2 other vehicles and seen improvements. On another 2 trucks I've used different non-OEM plugs with "more" spark and gotten gains, so I personally will always upgrade rather than use OEM spec plugs. I'll also be using 8mm spark plug wires and an all-brass distributor cap & rotor for less electrical resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
This is all directed to MosersMopars:
5) The only issue I've found is trying to get the covers securely fastened to the wheels. Otherwise, this is good for about a 5% improvement in fuel economy. The Dakota/Durango wheels are really aerodynamically dirty.

- I think you're planning this too - definitely delete your stock engine driven fan, and upgrade your electric fan to a Jeep Grand Cherokee fan or Lincoln Mk VIII. Then, if you want to experiment with a front grille block anyway, put in a fan controller that comes on below the stock setpoint of 210 F.

- get rid of your roof rack altogether
I was thinking about using some heavy-duty zip-ties through the wheel spokes, but I really don't think I can sell this to the wife, although she said it might be okay on steel winter wheels, which she thinks are ugly anyway.

I was planning on a 3.8L Taurus/Towncar Electric fan, like this guy: SnowDigger.com - The Garage - Fan Delete , I take it that GC & Mk VIII fans have been used by others? Can you point me to an example?

And I use my roof rack too much to delete it. At least until I have my trailer closer than 2 hours away.