View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #981 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
The ForkenSwift came out of hibernation a couple of weeks ago.

It sure is nice to have this little utility vehicle available for errands again - I've got quite a pile of cut brush that needs transporting to the city compost yard with the light utility trailer. It's already been pressed into service transporting ladders, saws, and lengths of eaves troughing, among other things.

Oh, and carrying my lazy ass around because it was brrrrr cold and a little rainy yesterday and I didn't feel like biking.

---

I trickled/topped up the pack once in February. (I parked it for winter storage with a full charge Dec. 15th, 2011)

I've done about 4 drive/charge cycles so far, and I can't say for sure, but the pack seems to have reduced capacity compared to last year (could just be my fading memory too). 20 km (12 mi) seems about the maximum useful range now.

Range may recover somewhat with a few more drive/charge cycles to "wake up" the batteries (at least this is what one expert with lots of experience with lead has told me in the past).

Doesn't really matter - I have a set of newer (but still used) batteries on the sidelines obtained last year that I'll put in the car soon.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget