View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #139 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamIan View Post
Ok ... maybe it's just me being a bit thick or slow on the uptake
Yep.

Quote:
... but that seems like a VERY bold claim to me ... so here is the information ... show me your stuff ... you have a container of water and air at 80C what if any is the expansion ratio for the steam if any?
Specific volume of liquid water at 80 C: 0.00103 m^3 / kg
Specific volume of steam at 80 C: 3.40527 m^3 / kg
Expansion ratio at 80 C: 3306.1:1
Vapor pressure of steam at 80 C: 47.4 kPa

Quote:
... Because you claim that this temperature information is the only information you need ... I can do anything else I can think of and not have to tell you any bit of the rest of the context details ... and no matter what I do it should have no influence at all on the expansion ratio ... as if there can only ever be one specific expansion ratio for one temperature.
So you don't understand the properties of saturated steam. That's okay, it's hard to wrap your head around it at first, especially if you did not take college-level thermodynamics.

Quote:
So go ahead ... give me your one specific expansion ratio for this temperature ... the one specific expansion ratio that will hold the same for any and all other context details.

My prediction ... you'll back away from your very bold claim above in some way ... but maybe I'm wrong ... you tell me.
I wouldn't say that maybe you're wrong. I would say that you simply don't understand how water behaves.