View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
hawk2100n
EcoModding Apprentice

The 'Vic - '96 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 39.3 mpg (US)
iOS Numbers App fuel tracker spreadsheet

I have built a really nice spreadsheet that tracks EVERYTHING on my car. I love making spreadsheets and keeping data on everything. I built it from a very basic template in Numbers but it really tells me a lot of information. If you have Numbers for iOS I'd be happy to share it with you. Numbers is a $10 app in the app store. It isn't compatible with excel because of the way Numbers formats native spreadsheets. I believe it would work in Numbers for Mac but I haven't tested it. It works with iPhone and iPad and is how I keep track of my fuel costs at the pump. There is a data entry form which makes it extremely easy to enter the fill info and it also will sync with your iPad through iCloud. Not trying to advertise but it's a nice setup.

From the fuel data that you add in, which isn't pictured, it calculates all of the data you see here automatically. The information for the last 31 days is for the last month and adjusts the formula and title for the length of the previous month. It's set up to calculate about all of the information that I have wanted to know about my car. It updates daily, automatically. The maintenance form also tracks all costs and the two spreadsheets are linked so you can account for both maintenance and fuel costs and both for total cost. What isn't in it are insurance, registration, or purchase costs. This could be added if someone said how they would like to see it. Also, the fuel savings cell for both the last 31 days and total are based on my previous cars recorded mpg but I could configure it for your old car's consumption and even add for premium fuel vs. unleaded.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-25T21-40-01_1.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	10735  

Civic Build Thread
Your grammar is appreciated.

3.788 Civic CX final drive, air dam, 1st gen HCH 14" wheels and Michelin Defender 175/65R14 LRR tires
The Following User Says Thank You to hawk2100n For This Useful Post:
graesack (04-26-2012)