View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
NVSmith
NVSmith

Thumbs up NVSmith; new to ecomodder dot com.

Hi, all. Well, I currently live in the southern US so maybe that shold be "Hi, y'all!"
-I'm recently retired military; many times a maintenence NCO then officer and monitor of our unit's fuel. With some vehicles getting 3 gallons per mile & guys/gals who ran the engines in winter just to keep the heater going, this could be fun. Well, interesting if not fun.
-I'm cheap and I admit it. I've always driven economy cars and I've always tried to tune them to get better than average mileage. EPA ratings? Phooey on them.
-I'm also old enough to remember the annual auto economy runs done by some major gas company & then read Popular Science or some other magazine to read how the drivers did it and how unworkable most of the driving tips were.
-Electric cars? Yes; my father and I cobbled one together easily. But the batteries are/were the problem.
-Bio-Diesel? HECK YES!! But let's start by converting all of the restaurant grease. I've lived in Reno, Las Vegas and Washington, DC, & can't imagine how many gallons per day of potential fuel restaurant owners are PAYING people to haul off and dispose of.