View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

I DID IT! I copied your push button setup, but I had to buy a smaller normally closed push button switch off ebay. I was worried about its amperage capacity but it hasn't been a problem yet.

I'll post some pictures tonight if you don't mind. I'm not thread jacking, just adding another option to the readers.

I'm guessing bump starting the car uses less gas than with the starter, but have you read/noticed/found any info about how much more fuel is used with the starter?

I've just started my P&G efforts, and so far its amazing how well it can work.

I can get 70+mpg in certain warm engine city only trips where I could only get 50-60mpg previously.

The example i've read a lot is if you can pulse at more than half your cruise mpg, and pulse for the same time as your coast, you will be better off.

What i'm finding on the limited testing i've done, is that I can pulse for 5 seconds (from 25mph to 35mph) and glide for 20-25 seconds back down to 25mph.

So even though i'm only getting 17-22 mpg pulsing in 3rd or 4th at relatively high throttle, I'm gliding for 4-5 times my pulse, giving me like 85-137.5mpg spread depending if its 17mpg for 4 times length, or 22mpg for 5 times length.

PRETTY AMAZING STUFF. Of course I need to hone my skills a bit, but i'm glad I did the mod.

Now my only concern is all this engine off electrical use. I think its draining my battery.....probably causing long term harm to it.