View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
How are you prepared for accidents ?

My sister was coming home from a late night out on her birthday.
Around 3:45 A.M coming around a corner, she arrived seconds after a collision between a pickup truck and two cars.

The truck ran through an intersection and slammed into two cars side by side.
The young woman was drunk ( wow ...what a surprise ! and was doing 80+ MPH )

She hit with such force that she killed the girl driving, by going through the car.

( The drunk got a broken wrist. )

When my sister ran to the car, the girl was dead and upside down hanging out of the car. My sister has been trained as a vet tech. and did her best to move the dead girl, not knowing yet if the girl was alive. She then moved the passengers ( one of which became hostile and refused to sit down - later to die from blood loss )

As fate would have it, she was riding with an Iraq war vet that had been trained in situations like this, as well as another vet.

She remained calm and did a great job in this situation, where ordinary people would have passed out or thrown up, though she was quite shaken by it all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so now the question : How have all of you prepared yourself for situations like this, and what kind of advice would you give for preparing oneself for something like this ?

Take a CPR class, carry blankets in the car , first aid kit ...I have a first aid kit that i carry in the car, but it just consists of band-aids and such.

A lot of you guys put a lot of miles on your cars and surely you have come across situations like this.
Just wondering what advice you can give.

Stay safe everyone . Life is precious.