View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
But, to some new User C, reading these posts between Users A and B for the first time, User B could have some worthwhile thing to say (remember "some combination of facts and feelings?") while attacking User A, but for some odd reason, User A isn't responding at all. User C can't find a reason for this. User C would also see other people that are interacting with User B, and that would just make User A's non-interaction that much more puzzling. User C might even read some of the interaction between Users A and B, but would quickly get lost in the discussion. User C would come to the tentative conclusion that User B is to be believed more than User A.
Sometimes, the simplest option is also the true answer: User A is just ignoring User B since he doesn't want to be dragged down to B's level. What was that saying about arguing with an idiot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
In the meantime, I will myself start using the "ignore user" feature, but I will include in my signature who I am ignoring, and a link to a post detailing why.
With all due respect, I totally understand why you want to do this, but it still looks like kids fighting in preschool. "I'm not talking to Tommy because he says bad things"
Your signature is visible in every post, so even far, far away from the people you are ignoring, some User C will see your sig and think "Geez, looks like he gets offended quite easily".

We want to reduce the fighting and bad manners on this forum. If we just ignore idiots, then their posts are still here for others to read, even years from now.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
t vago (04-28-2012)