View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
With all due respect, I totally understand why you want to do this, but it still looks like kids fighting in preschool. "I'm not talking to Tommy because he says bad things"
Your signature is visible in every post, so even far, far away from the people you are ignoring, some User C will see your sig and think "Geez, looks like he gets offended quite easily".
Perhaps. It's a risk I'm willing to take. For those "User C"s that are too lazy to click on the explanatory link, they would not be worth my time anyway.

It'd be a nice addition to the "ignore user" feature to have at least a number on each post, by the poster's name, showing how many other members are ignoring the poster. Or perhaps the "ignore user" feature could make it so that the person being ignored also cannot see the posts made by the person doing the ignoring. I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
We want to reduce the fighting and bad manners on this forum. If we just ignore idiots, then their posts are still here for others to read, even years from now.
Agreed. Clearly, something needs to be done.