View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Kincurd
EcoModding Lurker

I think handlebar grips are still pretty universal Xringer. They're all meant to go on 7/8" grip areas; except on a motorcycle on the right-hand side, it has to fit over a slightly bigger circumference for the throttle. My only problem with those bolt-ons you got would be the throttle; might be weird to use even if I made it work. They make some some kind of after market quarter-turn throttle I could use, though; so I don't have to turn it quite as much.

I like where you were going with that Zuma, Varn. Looks like you never got to finish it before passing it on.

I plan to sit lower in my bike when the time comes. I was thinking I'd have to move the gas tank to sit as low as I would like. If I can at least sit a bit lower by removing the panels as you said, that's better than nothing.

Well my new handle-bar install went well. I did a lot more work than I had to over the weekend. Ended up taking off the front panel and headlights and putting it all back together. After that, I installed the 26" broomstick. Had to mount the turn-signal lights on top of the handguard bracket to make room. I bought longer bolts this morning on the way to work (stainless steel allen butten head) so I can put the handguards back on along with the new turn signal mount.

Plan to get some signals that look better in the future.

Last edited by Kincurd; 04-30-2012 at 11:38 AM..