View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

The first aid tips seem to update almost as often as fuel price changes.

Unless you KNOW you are qualified, the 911 cell phone is still the safest bet.

It would be so easy to be sued by moving someone in a case where they shouldn't be.

Cars rarely blow up like in the movies.

If you are in the tullies, and the response time is going to be 20/30minutes, some things might change.

Trying to stop bleeding, and blankets for shock might be a good stopping place!

Several years ago when I did a 7PM to 5AM courier job running a 200 mile plus route

to small towns, and all the rural inbetween; I would see every once in a while; a wrecked vehicle off in between trees, or in a ditch, out in the tullies. My heart was always in my mouth when I stopped to see if people were still in them, but thankfully
for my emotional state, all were older ones, already attended to, and everybody long gone.

A fresh one I will never forget happened years ago.

I was living in some apartments at the time next to a 45 mph road.

At about 9:30 at night, I heard a V8 car getting it on...sounding like going 80mph by.

Then I heard a VERY long intense brake/tire lockup that seemed to last forever; then intense crash sounds.

I ran by the side of the road about a 1/2 mile to see what was going on.

The car had hit bushes, and a hedge, and had rolled, pretty well crumpled up to the point I couldn't even tell what kind of car it was. It was stopped right in the middle of someones front yard.

I arrived just as the people who lived there were coming out the front door to look.

There was not anybody in the car!!! Then I got spooked!!!

During my run down there, at about the 3/4ths mark, a person was walking on the other side of that road going the direction I was running FROM!!!

When I saw that person I remarked at how loud the wreck had been. That person
just said yeah; it was loud, and kept on walking away.

HE got OUT fast! A couple of tires on the upside down car were still turning when I
got there!

Must have been a stolen car joyride!!!

Etched in the memory forever!!!
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]