Thread: Road Moron
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
It's interesting to see the responses here , especially those that seem to think there was some contribution to the incident on my part. I have seen drivers flipping out in cars at traffic lights, when my only "mistake" was to be the car that was behind them.
In your initial post you said that he gave you the finger and that you "returned the favor". And now you maintain that there wasn't any "contribution to the incident on my part".

We can read. Some of us are capable of remembering what was stated. Denial is more than a river in Egypt.

Quote:
Apparently the Idiot was satisfied when I changed lanes instead of hitting his stupid arse in his old piece of junk. I guess he thought I was deserving of retribution for not matching his 10 MPH over reckless pace until I reached the exit.
Listen to your own words and your lengthy defense of the incident, including all the bravado talk about carrying a gun. I am not surprised at your defensive follow up, as I sensed it from your initial post and prefaced what I said accordingly. You are not willing to learn how to handle such a situation differently in the future and in venting it here you are obviously still having difficulty letting go of the incident.

Quote:
thymeclock, any time you are near eastern Virginia, you are hereby entitled to one free driving lesson, Son.. Of course that means you must also prepare yourself for a serious dose of humble pie, something which the evidence here shows you may have trouble swallowing.
Old Mechanic, I have been driving now for 42 years and it is extremely unlikely that I am young enough to be your son. I doubt that I could learn much from you seeing that you are very defensive, in denial (see above reference) and resistant to admitting (or even considering) that you could have handled the situation differently. There is no reason for me to "prepare yourself for a serious dose of humble pie". In fact some might even construe those words to be marginally threatening.