Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
...the only "safe" driver is a TANK driver.
I was an 11H when I was a kid. Armor FTL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
It's interesting to see the responses here , especially those that seem to think there was some contribution to the incident on my part. I have seen drivers flipping out in cars at traffic lights, when my only "mistake" was to be the car that was behind them.
In your initial post you said that he gave you the finger and that you "returned the favor". And now you maintain that there wasn't any "contribution to the incident on my part".

We can read. Some of us are capable of remembering what was stated. Denial is more than a river in Egypt.

Quote:
Apparently the Idiot was satisfied when I changed lanes instead of hitting his stupid arse in his old piece of junk. I guess he thought I was deserving of retribution for not matching his 10 MPH over reckless pace until I reached the exit.
Listen to your own words and your lengthy defense of the incident, including all the bravado talk about carrying a gun. I am not surprised at your defensive follow up, as I sensed it from your initial post and prefaced what I said accordingly. You are not willing to learn how to handle such a situation differently in the future and in venting it here you are obviously still having difficulty letting go of the incident.

Quote:
thymeclock, any time you are near eastern Virginia, you are hereby entitled to one free driving lesson, Son.. Of course that means you must also prepare yourself for a serious dose of humble pie, something which the evidence here shows you may have trouble swallowing.
Old Mechanic, I have been driving now for 42 years and it is extremely unlikely that I am young enough to be your son. I doubt that I could learn much from you seeing that you are very defensive, in denial (see above reference) and resistant to admitting (or even considering) that you could have handled the situation differently. There is no reason for me to "prepare yourself for a serious dose of humble pie". In fact some might even construe those words to be marginally threatening.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
I don't think Old Mech was riding his motorcycle. As you quoted, Old Mech is inferring he has two tires up front, or is his reverse trike already built?!?!?
You're right. It appears he was instead driving his car. I read "Vulcan" and was mentally viewing his actions as if he was on his motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
I think the only "mistake" is reciprocating the bird, but I would guess we're all capable of that.
I've done this sort of thing when I was younger. My wife is a calming influence nowadays, and she also doesn't like when I show people that they're #1 on the road.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
so his next move is to run me off the road. The crazy thing is as he is pulling into my lane with his left rear tire next to my right front,
Clearly illustrating this dude has more balls than brains, as he is setting himself up to be run off the road. This is the preferred position for law enforcement to cause the target to spin out; with a simple right turn, this idiot would be spinning into the median. Of course you then have a fender wrinkle to repair....

The Following User Says Thank You to UFO For This Useful Post:
Christ (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
UFO - same thought occurred to me. I've seen enough episodes of COPS to know a PIT maneuver set-up when I see one!
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget

The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
Christ (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
If i had been in a trashed ex cop car he would have become intimate with the hood ornament.

regards
Mech

Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
You're right. It appears he was instead driving his car. I read "Vulcan" and was mentally viewing his actions as if he was on his motorcycle.

I've done this sort of thing when I was younger. My wife is a calming influence nowadays, and she also doesn't like when I show people that they're #1 on the road.
On the bike I generally avoid the Interstate here and when I feel threatened by a tailgater I will just turn right and get them past me then get back on the road. Turning right in front of this clown on a bike would have been suicide by Moron . Pick your Moron .

regards
Mech

My wife is the same way.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Just saw an article saying 22% of Uhmericans think the world will end soon. We've seen for years that about 20% of Uhmericans vote against their best interests. So it's safe to say 1 out of 5 vehicles is being driven by a flaming moron.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Thymeclock apparently has the patent on what works and doesn't. A model of predictability applicable in all situations, ha! I'd say you blew your "objectivity", son. Rationality has to be handled rationally. Of itself it is no excuse to act irrationally . . one only has the evidence tendered by the OP to work from which, while decidedly un-rational (as a participant), was nevertheless offered clearly enough for to take off upon.

And the biggest point missed: he's driven on that road since it was new. A perusal of his other posts shows he's long used to assimilating new information. A driver of the sort encountered is nothing more than new information.

Something smells. And not just the a#*shole OldMech ran into. His type are all over the place these days. Usually IT guys still stuck in virtual game world (for my contribution of Who Is the Jerk).

Miss the big point and the little points are meaningless.

Last edited by slowmover; 05-01-2012 at 06:42 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
user removed (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I'm guilty of driving aggressively, previously. I'm guilty of reacting and overreacting. I think I learned my lesson the last time. It's not worth it.

Would the small satisfaction you get from flipping someone off be worth it if it leads to a fight, shooting, wreck, etc? And just think if a completely innocent bystander got caught in the middle of the battle of egos.

I guess it feels good to say someone else is less than. I guess it feels good to say you're carrying a weapon and a driver that crosses you better beware.

The right thing to do is to try to get out of the way, "keep the bird in the cage", and call the highway patrol to report the reckless driver.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgtlethargic For This Useful Post:
Thymeclock (05-01-2012), UFO (05-02-2012)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread