Thread: Road Moron
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic View Post
I'm guilty of driving aggressively, previously. I'm guilty of reacting and overreacting. I think I learned my lesson the last time. It's not worth it.
That's a praiseworthy admission. It doesn't matter how you learned it; what matters is that you are the wiser for it.

Quote:
Would the small satisfaction you get from flipping someone off be worth it if it leads to a fight, shooting, wreck, etc? And just think if a completely innocent bystander got caught in the middle of the battle of egos.

I guess it feels good to say someone else is less than. I guess it feels good to say you're carrying a weapon and a driver that crosses you better beware.

The right thing to do is to try to get out of the way, "keep the bird in the cage", and call the highway patrol to report the reckless driver.
It's a wise man who picks his battles. Those who encounter troublesome situations frequently (not as rare, isolated incidents) are attracting confrontation in some subtle way, possibly by their actions or demeanor which is non-verbal, but discernible. It's best to avoid battles unless there is literally no other option. But such do or die situations rarely arise and are usually avoidable.