View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #387 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Updates:

-Filled up, only 30mpg. Worst tank yet. Probably because of short, cold trips to CVS in the middle of the night.

-Went to Flint yesterday and seem to be getting good FE. I don't want to jinx it, but 160+ miles in I'm predicting 40+ mpg

-Two fist-size flakes of rusty metal and paint fell off the passenger door when my friend shut it yesterday. That leaves one fist size hole in the door. I might put something over it.

-My friend also pointed out how enjoyable it is watching people's reactions to the car. I got many compliments from black guys in Flint (and Detroit) and many more strange, bewildered looks from white people. There must be some cultural difference there that makes white people uncomfortable with it. Kinda funny to observe. Also, white adults pretend they're not looking at it, while all kids are fascinated and excited.

-The car goes 110+ mph... speedo only goes to like 95. tested in Mexico

-The box cavity held up at high speeds but the top part is flapping in the wind. This is probably not good for FE so I'm going to try to cross brace it before the trip back to MN.

Last edited by Sven7; 05-04-2012 at 02:38 PM..